RE: [Videolib] Movie reviews on public library website

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:23:50 -0400

Personally, I would like to see more BLOGS on library websites.
I think the public would enjoy a daily blog on what is happening
in the library, what you think are good, new movies/AV items coming into
the building etc. I've been tossing around the idea for a few
months, I'd like to get something started soon. I did a "test" site
in April, the idea is still in committee, no action yet.
Here it is:
http://www.findlaylibrary.org/blog.html

Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administration/Web
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, OH 45840
TELEPHONE:419-422-1712
FAX:419-422-0638
dunn@findlaylibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: deg farrelly [mailto:deg.farrelly@asu.edu]
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 12:57 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Movie reviews on public library website

I'll admit that what I am about to mention is a topic I have *heard* of, and
have seen used a few times... But am not versed in...

But instead of devoting time to generating new reviews of titles that others
are also reviewing, have you considered using RSS feeds to provide your
users access to such reviews?

Granted this probably would not allow you to address only the titles in your
collection.

A google search for RSS Feeds and Movie Reviews shows sites such as:

http://divx.thu.cn/myfeed/index.php

http://www.rssfeeds.com/feeds/T0RFM09EZz0=/

Is anyone on VideoLib using RSS feeds for film/video reviews?

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West Campus

_______________________________________________ Videolib mailing list Videolib@library.berkeley.edu http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/videolib _______________________________________________ Videolib mailing list Videolib@library.berkeley.edu http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/videolib