Re: [Videolib] terminology question--

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:42:31 -0400

I use the word 'video' to refer to any kind of discreetly-packaged video
content (VHS, DVD, laser, etc.) with the exception of the old 16mm
filmstrips. I guess I'm thinking 'home video' rather than 'video
cassette'. Sometimes I'll use the phrase 'AV materials' when I'm trying
to discuss these things as a group, as 'video' does connote VHS to many
people. I usually use 'VHS cassettes' when that's what I'm referring to
specifically .

Best,

Meghann R. Matwichuk
Instructional Media Department