Re: [Videolib] Increasing paperwork problems

Holly Sammons (sammons@onlib.org)
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:31:15 -0400 (EDT)

It seems that most libraries/institutions who order this way should have a
method that skirts the red-tape/paperwork when ordering a small quantity
or dollar amount like the one you're talking about. I think the customer
should be thinking of other ways to make these orders. Petty cash? or
something similar?

At my library, which is in a medium sized market, governed by a county
government in love with red-tape, we're allowed to place orders under $200
dollars quickly with a credit card, skipping the normal 3-part forms,
sending out to bid, getting the pope's blessing and so on.

Holly Sammons, Librarian
Onondaga County Public Library
447 So Salina St
Syracuse, NY 13207