RE: [Videolib] DVD shelving

Matthew Ballard (mballard@otis.edu)
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:46:19 -0700

--=====================_191788171==.ALT

At 09:06 AM 7/13/2005, you wrote:
>I need your expert opinion. Can anyone suggest DVD bins that will allow
>DVDs to be displayed in security cases, but are quiet to browse through --
>not like the bins found at most music or book stores where there is a loud
>noise caused by flipping through the cases. This may be an unrealistic
>request.

Can't help you there, we use shelving for all of our videos and DVDs, same
type as the books.

>Also, I'd like to hear your comments on why you use, or don't use security
>cases for DVDs in your browsing collection?

We use security cases on our double sided DVDs where we can't put any kind
of security strips on them, so that we can only secure the boxes. All
others we don't use security boxes and rely on the disc security to prevent
theft, which hasn't been too much of a problem for us.

Matthew Ballard
Library Technologist
Otis College of Art and Design Library
mballard@otis.edu