Re: [Videolib] Uncle Tom

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:10:25 EDT

--part1_1ed.3fc52ea2.3007e871_boundary

In a message dated 7/14/05 12:00:22 PM, eld2n@virginia.edu writes:

> I'm trying to track down some information for a faculty member who is=A0
> researching Uncle Tom's Cabin and is compiling a website of references=A0
> to the stage play in film.
>=20

It's not a website, but the New York Public Library's Performing Arts Librar=
y=20
at Lincoln Center has an amazing clippings file on the 1928 Universal featur=
e=20
with pre-production memos from their marketing division to production on how=
=20
to make the film more acceptable to their audiences in the South. They might=
=20
be on the Kino DVD, but I'm not sure.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
Website: http://www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_1ed.3fc52ea2.3007e871_boundary

I'm trying to track d= own some information for a faculty member who is=A0
researching Uncle Tom's Cabin and is compiling a website of references=A0 to the stage play in film.

It's not a website, but the New York Public Library's Performing Arts Lib= rary at Lincoln Center has an amazing clippings file on the 1928 Universal f= eature with pre-production memos from their marketing division to production= on how to make the film more acceptable to their audiences in the South. Th= ey might be on the Kino DVD, but I'm not sure.