RE: [Videolib] DVD shelving

Linda Cannon (LCannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org)
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:26:14 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C587C7.68424A86

Can't help with the browsing bin issue. We shelve ours spine out. As to
security cases, oh *my* yes! Why? When we first put out the first DVDs,
we lost about 10% of them within a week. 'Nuff said.
=20

Linda Cannon, Collection Development Librarian
Joplin Public Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO 64801
417-623-7953
lcannon@joplinpubliclibrary.org=20

=20

________________________________

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Threatt,
Monique L
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:06 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] DVD shelving

Hello,
=20
Last year there was some discussion about DVD browsing bins.
=20
I need your expert opinion. Can anyone suggest DVD bins that will allow
DVDs to be displayed in security cases, but are quiet to browse through
-- not like the bins found at most music or book stores where there is a
loud noise caused by flipping through the cases. This may be an
unrealistic request. =20
=20
Also, I'd like to hear your comments on why you use, or don't use
security cases for DVDs in your browsing collection?=20
=20
Feel free to contact me off-line with your comments/suggestions.=20
=20
Thanks in advance.
Monique
*************************=20
Monique Threatt=20
Media Librarian=20
Herman B Wells Library, W121=20
Indiana University=20
Bloomington, IN 47405=20
phone: (812) 855-9857=20
FAX: (812) 855-1649=20
mthreatt@indiana.edu

------_=_NextPart_001_01C587C7.68424A86

Message

Can't help with the browsing bin issue. We = shelve ours=20 spine out. As to security cases, oh *my* yes! Why? When we first put out = the=20 first DVDs, we lost about 10% of them within a week. 'Nuff=20 said.

Linda Cannon, Collection Development = Librarian
Joplin Public=20 Library
300 S. Main St.
Joplin, MO =20 64801