Re: [Videolib] Random Library Find Question

Ben Achtenberg (ben@fanlight.com)
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:32:27 -0400

That address PROBABLY means that it was handled by Transit Media, the
fulfillment house that handles shipping for Fanlight, New Day, and many
other independents. They are now located in NY. Here's their contact info:
Transit Media Communications, P.O. Box 1084, Harriman, NY 10926
(845) 774-7335, tmcndy@aol.com
Good luck,
Ben

At 11:41 AM 7/1/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello!
>I've stumbled across a 16mm film that seems to have belonged to another
>library at one point. All it said was R.I.P Film LIbrary (literal or :)
>ominous foreshadowing?) and it was located in Franklin Lakes NJ. I
>called the number on the can but it seems to belong to a private
>individual, and Yahoo can't find the actual street address listed on the
>label either. I"m guessing this film belonged to a library that no
>longer exists, and liquidated their film holdings years ago, but I'd
>like to see if I can verify this. Can any of you in the NY area shed
>some light on this, and if possible, give me another number I can call?
>Thanks!!!!
>LeeAnne
>

>LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
>Educational Films Collection
>University of South Carolina
>803-777-0322
>
>See our new searchable database at www.sc.edu/library/edfilmdb/

Ben Achtenberg / Fanlight Productions
4196 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02131
(617) 469-4999 Fax: (617) 469-3379
Email: Ben@Fanlight.com