RE: [Videolib] Query: "library consortia" that stream video to their

Jed Horovitz (JedH@internetvideoarchive.com)
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:39:52 -0400

Not sure if this is what you are asking but about a dozen library systems
use our streaming preview service to 'enhance' their online catalog.
Biggest names: Denver, Seattle, Orange County Fla.
Jed

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of
clarkjc@jmu.edu
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:50 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Query: "library consortia" that stream video to
their members?

Folks,

My recent answer on the MDID software reminded me that I need
a reality check on this issue. Between CCUMC-l and Videolib,
I can probably get any answer out there.

Currently, I know of only two "library consortia"--or, say,
school systems--that offer or will offer in the near future
video-on-demand streaming of commercial programs to their
insitutions:

1. Ohiolink, for the Ohio higher ed. community.

2. VIVA (Virtual Virginia), soon to offer it for the VA
higher ed. community.

Do you know of any others, existing or in the works? Please
note that I am *not* primarily interested here in systems
that subscribe to streaming services, but those are welcome
nevertheless.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Clark