RE: [Videolib] 16mm title -- stumper

Hallman, Philip (phallman@umich.edu)
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:03:47 -0400

It sounds like it might be the film "Tango" by Zbigniew Rybczynski,
which won an Oscar for Best Animated Short.

It has been on various compilation videos/dvds including one called The
World's Greatest Animation which was put out by Image Entertainment on
dvd in 1998. I believe that particular dvd is out of print now but you
might be able to find used copies on the internet.

Phil Hallman
Film Librarian
University of Michigan
Program in Film/Video Studies

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Zerkow, Syma
- HPL
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:32 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] 16mm title -- stumper

A patron is looking for a short film he saw on 16mm in the 1980's. He
thinks the title began with a "t" and was only one word. He described
the
film as follows:
"animated or enhanced realistic people are shown doing ordinary
things in one room of a house while someone burglarizes them without
their
knowledge. Light percussion--maybe bongos and guitar--plays in the
background."

Does anyone recognize what film this is? And if so, do you know if it
is
available anywhere?

Thanks,

Syma Zerkow
Coordinator of Materials Selection
Houston Public Library
500 McKinney
Houston, Texas 77002

phone: 832-393-1484
fax: 832-393-1466
email: syma.zerkow@cityofhouston.net

ReadersConnect@HPL...Check our website (www.houstonlibrary.org) for new
titles and old favorites. We have books, CDs, DVDs, eBooks, and
now...downloadable audiobooks!

This e-mail contains the thoughts and opinions of Syma Zerkow and does
not
necessarily represent official Houston Public Library policy.