RE: [Videolib] Title search

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:02:27 -0500

Yes, unfortunately.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
www.aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jen
Stutesman
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:16 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Title search

Hi Becky,
I bought these used from Amazon last year for one of our
faculty members - I think I paid about $40-50 for each
one, but they were VHS. Would she have to have a DVD?
-jen

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:38:21 -0500
"Tatar, Becky" <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us> wrote:
> Hello, all. I have a patron who is looking for the dvds
>of "Manon of
> the Spring," and "Jean de Florette." All indications
>are that they are
> out of print. Amazon has copies, but people are
>charging $70+ for each
> one! Does anyone have any idea where she could go that
>wouldn't charge
> an arm and a leg and her firstborn? TIA.
>
> Becky Tatar
> Periodicals/Audiovisuals
> Aurora Public Library
> 1 E. Benton Street
> Aurora, IL 60505
> Phone: 630-264-4100
>FAX: 630-896-3209
> bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
> www.aurora.lib.il.us

"We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us
think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in
groups, alone in races, even alone in genders." - Maya
Angelou, The New York Times, 11 March 1990.
Jen Stutesman
Instructional, Media and Technical Services Librarian
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla, WA