Re: [Videolib] Edna Ferber's SO BIG & SARATOGA TRUNK

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:42:45 -0400

Which version of SO BIG ? Actually I believe all 3 were legally released on
video and all are owned by Swank so all you should need to do is track down
a used copy and clear it ( pay them) and you should be able to show them.
They CAN be a little dense on this so be persistant

Jessica

> We are planning to do a *One Book, One Community* project using Edna Ferber's
> 1925 Pulitzer winning classic, SO BIG. I need to plan a Ferber filmiest and
> would really like to be able to show these two films and have them available
> for our patrons BUT they seem to be out-of-print/unavailable for purchase.
>
> Does anyone out there have any information about these two films?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Gena Z.
>
> Gena K. Zelenka
> A/V and Adult Programming Librarian
> Reader Services
> PARK RIDGE PUBLIC LIBRARY
> 20 S. Prospect Ave.
> Park Ridge, IL 60068
> 847-825-3123 x389
> Fax: 847-825-0001
> gzelenka@prpl.org <mailto:gzelenka@prpl.org>
> www.parkridgelibrary.org
>

> "Librarians don't have a lot of status and we don't make a lot of money...so
> our ideals are important to us and the love of books and the love of knowledge
> and the love of truth and free information and letting people discover things
> for themselves and let them, oh, read romance novels or detective novels,
> whatever they want, and giving poor people internet access."
>
> Larry Beinhart, THE LIBRARIAN

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International