RE: [Videolib] haitians in canada

Blackburn, Alison (
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:10:08 -0400

Probably not exactly what you are looking for but...

Comment conquérir l'Amérique (2004)

Plot Outline: Gégé (Mpambara) is a young Haitian who leaves Port-au-Prince
for Montreal with a specific goal in mind: to conquer America by seducing a
blonde model he's seen in a magazine.

You may also want to have a look at this site:
I just tried to get into the site and had trouble getting past the splash
page. I have visited before and they do provide lists of films from "cinema
Africain et Creole"

Alison Blackburn
AV Librarian - Collection Development
Ottawa Public Library
120 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5M2
(613) 236-0302, ext 515

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Sloan []
Sent: June 15, 2005 9:34 AM
Subject: [Videolib] haitians in canada

hi all,
I'm looking for something on Haitian immigrants in Canada -- I've found a
couple things, but they're a bit old.
Does anyone know of anything else?
thanks for any leads,

2 Haïti, Québec
Author: Rached, Tahani,; Frappier, Roger.
Publication: [Montréal] : Office national du film du Canada,

3 Haiti, nous la! nou la!
Publication: Montreal : NFB, 1987 Document: French :

Jane Sloan
Media Librarian and
Head, Multimedia Services
Rutgers University Libraries, New Brunswick
732-445-4980 x150