[Videolib] Repackaging DVDs

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:18:48 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5684F.8AA1ECE0

I can't get enough of this repackaging DVD thread! Do you think it helps
your circulation figures?

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Celeste Choate [mailto:Celeste@cmpl.org]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 9:54 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] re: TV shows on DVD

We repackage DVD and VC series into individual cases if there is more than
2 volumes in one case. We had a lot of complaints from frustrated customers
who couldn't get through a whole set of 4-6 DVDs in the loan period (7 days
for older titles, 4 days for new titles), so they had to get back on the
hold list again. We have also had a big problem with DVD theft. This way, if
someone steals a Buffy disc, at least we have other discs from that season
to offer.

Our ILS (Polaris) allows customers to place item-specific holds so they can
request the volume(s) they need next. They can get in the queue for the
discs in the right order.

We keep the individual items linked the same bibliographic record.

Customers seem more pleased now than they did before.

-Celeste Choate, Clinton-Macomb Public Library