RE: [Videolib] TV shows on dvd

Carol Dunn (
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:40:16 -0400

We have decided to stop chopping the DVDs into pieces. We now circulate them
as purchased.
Our circ policy is also 7 days, and we allow renewal as long as the item
is not on hold.

Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administration/Web
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, OH 45840

-----Original Message-----
From: Deborah T. Walsh []
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] TV shows on dvd

Twisting this thread slightly to satisfy my own needs, I wonder how
libraries already collecting TV shows on DVD package (or repackage?) them
for circulation.

Our circ policy is 7 days, no renewals on DVDs and it grieves me to tie up
an expensive multipart item the patron probably has NO hope of viewing in
our short loan period while long reserve lists build on it.

Do you chop them up into pieces, as a rule, or not worry about this problem?
If you chop them up, how do you catalog them?

Deborah T. Walsh
Geneva Public Library District
Geneva, IL