RE: [Videolib] TV Series on DVD

Griest, Bryan (BGriest@ci.glendale.ca.us)
Tue, 31 May 2005 11:55:43 -0700

I try to purchase lesser-known "modern"/current broadcast-originating titles
(like "Arrested Development") or titles that have only appeared on cable
("Deadwood" et al). I will also purchase older titles that had some sort of
historical impact, ("Miami Vice" or "The Mary Tyler Moore Show") especially
if the shows aren't being shown in syndication too often anymore.
Bryan Griest
Glendale Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of John Fossett
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:49 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] TV Series on DVD

TV Series on DVD is a hot topic in our region. I'm flooded with requests for

everything available. I have a list of criteria for selecting TV on DVD but
would like to see what others use. Anyone care to share?
Regards,
John

On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:08:20 -0400, Carol Dunn wrote
> The popularity of TV Series on DVD continues to rise. What subject
> headings do you use, or what subject headings do you wish you were using?
> They are very hard to find in our catalog. What can we do to improve
> subject headings for all media? It's frustrating. Any comments or
> help appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Carol Dunn
> AV Manager, NT Administration/Web
> Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
> 206 Broadway
> Findlay, OH 45840
> TELEPHONE:419-422-1712
> FAX:419-422-0638
> dunn@findlaylibrary.org

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -
Charles Darwin

John F. Fossett
Media Librarian
Kitsap Regional Library