RE: [Videolib] TV Series on DVD

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 31 May 2005 13:54:01 -0500

Since the subject headings don't quite do it for us, we use genre notes
quite a bit to clarify things. Here's what genre headings were used, in
addition to the actual subject headings, on one series:

Television programs.
Television comedies.
DVDs.

The "DVDs" note makes it easy for patrons to pull a list from the entire
video collection. We added it after the success of a genre note of
"compact discs" on the audiobooks to sort from the cassette tapes proved
helpful.

Barb

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Carol Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:08 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] TV Series on DVD

The popularity of TV Series on DVD continues to rise. What subject
headings do you use, or what subject headings do you wish you were
using?
They are very hard to find in our catalog. What can we do to improve
subject
headings for all media? It's frustrating. Any comments or help
appreciated.

Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administration/Web