Re: [Videolib] Weeding 16 MM Films

Lisa Flanzraich (
Wed, 25 May 2005 16:35:20 -0500

I don't know how large your collection is. Make sure that you have enough staff to check check check each film to make sure it is
not the last print on the planet: Who knows --you could be tossing (I hope not) rare
jewels that were once part of our dying (not so fast) film culture.

most: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:32:04 -0700
From: John Streepy <John.Streepy@cwu.EDU>
Subject: [Videolib] Weeding 16 MM Films
Send reply to:

Hello All,

after seeing its use drop to below minuscule levels, my dean has
decided that it is time to weed our 16 MM. I have some thoughts on the
best way to go about this, but I thought I'd tap into the collective
brain as to see if others have any advice as we go about this. You can
reply to me directly if you like. Thanks

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library