Re: [Videolib] Video Titles

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 25 May 2005 09:56:56 -0400

VERY unlikely. MARY is owned by WB and they frankly have a lot of stuff
backed up this is probably not at the top of the list. JOAN is Columbia
and they are VERY slow. Be grateful you can video copies and buy them NOW
before they go out of print. This is a reminder NEVER to get rid of VHS
until you are SURE you can get a DVD. There are a HUGE number of titles that
will NOT get out on DVD anytime soon if at all. I would say at least 1/3rd
of the Kino library won't come out on DVD. The more obscure the film the
less likely it will come out

Jessica

Dear CW,

> A faculty member would like me to purchase the following titles on DVD.
> To my knowledge, they are not available in the U.S. on DVD. I have
> found VHS copies for sale, but DVD is preferred by the faculty member.
> Since they are not needed until September, does anybody know if either
> of these titles are scheduled for DVD release in the near future?
>
> *Mary of Scotland *directed by John Ford, starring Katharine Hepburn.
>
> *Saint Joan *directed by Otto Preminger, staring Jean Seberg.
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> Eileen Karsten
> Head of Technical Services
> Lake Forest College