Re: [Videolib] Resource search: Greek & Roman drama productions

Thu, 19 May 2005 08:31:57 -0700

--=====================_2474031==.ALT

Hi

Howz bout

Electra
Directed, and screenplay, by Michael Cacoyannis; featuring Irene
Papas. 1962. 113 min. avail on DVD from most home video distributors

Iphigenia
Directed, and screenplay, by Michael Cacoyannis; featuring Irene
Papas. 1962. 113 min. avail on DVD from most home video
distributors. Avail on tape from most home video distributors

Medea.
Director Paolo Pasolini; featuring Maria Calas. 100
min. Available on tape from most home video distributors

Medea
Staged by Jose Quintero ; producer, David Susskind ; directors,
Jose Quintero, H. Wesley Kenney. Available on tape from most home
video distributors

Medea. Directed by Lars Von Trier; Cast: Kirsten Olesen, Udo Kier, Henning
Jensen, Baard Owe, Solbjorg Hojfeldt. A modern-language production of the
classic tragedy of jealousy and revenge. Based on the play by Euripides,
adapted for the screen by Carl-Theodor Dreyer. 1987. avail on DVD from most
home video distributors

Dream of Passion (Medea). Featuring Melina Mercouri. 106 min. Available on
tape from most home video distributors

The Birds A new translation for the stage by Peter Meineck. Cast: Anthony
Cochrane, Andrew Price, Tony Dunn, Daniel York. ca.95 min.

The Birds Excerpts; featuring Neil Pepe, Ed Porter, Todd Weeks, Phil
Reilly, Clare Tattersull, Terry Hardcastle, 1991. 43 min.
Insight media (I think)

Frogs Featuring Rick Smith, Rachel Springs, Jon Williams, Fiona Laird--cast
of the London Small Theatre Company, 1991. 110 min. Video/C 3239

Lysistrata Director Georgos Zervoulakos; modern Greek dialog with English
subtitles. 97 min.

Check out Insight Media at
http://www.insight-media.com/public_html/IMPage_Search.asp?SearchScope=Shop&ShopID=3&ShopName=Drama+%26+Literature

Antigone Director George Tzavellas; featuring Irene Papas, Manos
Katrakis, 1962. Greek dialogue, English subtitles. 86 min.
avail on DVD from most home video distributors

Antigone: Rites of Passion Director Amy Greenfield; featuring Bertram Ross,
Janet Eilber, Amy Greenfield, 1990.
avail on DVD from most home video distributors

Antigone / by Jean Anouilh ; produced by Jac Venza in association
with David Griffiths. [videorecording] Cast: Genevieve Bujold,
Stacy Keach, Fritz Weaver, Leah Chandler, James Naughton, Betty
Miller, Louis Zorich. Avail on tape from FACETS

Oedipus Rex (opera) Director, Brian Large; produced by Peter Gelb, Pat
Jaffe ; stage production and film direction by Julie Taymor. avail on from
most home video distributors

>I could use your recommendations on this topic.
>
>A philosophy and religion prof here is looking for effective
>productions that recreate Greek and/or Roman drama. We're
>already familiar with (and have some of) the Films for
>Humanities & Sciences productions. We could use some other
>alternatives as well.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>As usual, my thanks in advance,
>
>Jeff
>
>===========
>Jeff Clark
>Director
>Media Resources MSC 1701
>James Madison University
>Harrisonburg VA 22807
>clarkjc@jmu.edu (email)
>540-568-6770 (phone)
>540-568-7037 (fax)

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan
--=====================_2474031==.ALT

Hi

Howz bout

 Electra
        Directed, and screenplay, by Michael Cacoyannis; featuring Irene Papas. 1962. 113 min.  avail on DVD from most home     video distributors

Iphigenia
        Directed, and screenplay, by Michael Cacoyannis; featuring Irene Papas. 1962. 113 min.  avail on DVD from most home     video distributors.  Avail on tape from most home       video distributors

Medea.
        Director Paolo Pasolini; featuring Maria Calas. 100 min.   Available on tape from       most home video distributors

Medea
        Staged by Jose Quintero ; producer, David Susskind ; directors, Jose Quintero, H. Wesley Kenney. Available on tape from         most home video distributors

Medea. Directed by Lars Von Trier; Cast: Kirsten Olesen, Udo Kier, Henning Jensen, Baard Owe, Solbjorg Hojfeldt. A modern-language production of the classic tragedy of jealousy and revenge. Based on the play by Euripides, adapted for the screen by Carl-Theodor Dreyer. 1987. avail on DVD from most home video distributors

Dream of Passion (Medea). Featuring Melina Mercouri. 106 min. Available on tape from    most home video distributors

[...]

Oedipus Rex (opera) Director, Brian Large; produced by Peter Gelb, Pat Jaffe ; stage production and film direction by Julie Taymor. avail on from most home     video distributors