Re: [Videolib] Transcultural Adoption Films/Videos?

Lori Stevens (STEVENLO@uvsc.edu)
Tue, 17 May 2005 18:19:32 -0600

We hosted a series on transracial adoption and used outside looking in.
It was very thought provoking and an excellent title. I highly
recommend it!

Lori Stevens
Media Librarian
Utah Valley State College Library
Orem, Utah 84058

Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students
and they check out books. And then they learn things."

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 1997)

>>> info@filmakers.com 05/17/05 4:40 PM >>>
In addition to Precious Cargo which was already mentioned, Filmakers
Library distributes the following films on transracial adoption:
Struggle for Identity: Issues in Transracial Adoption
Outside Looking In: Transracial Adoption in America

Filmakers Library also has these films on foster care;
Taken In: The Lives of America's Foster Children
Aging Out
All these films are described on our web site www.filmakers.com

Sue Oscar
Filmakers Library, Inc.
124 E. 40th Street
Suite 901
New York, NY 10016
Phone:212-808-4980
Fax:212-808-4983
info@filmakers.com
www.filmakers.com

On Tuesday, May 17, 2005, at 02:56 PM, Meghann Matwichuk wrote:

> Looking for suggestions from the collective brain for films that
deals
> with adoption/orphans, especially transcultural adoption. A couple
of
> preliminary titles we've already thought of are:
>
> Casa de los Babys
> Precious Cargo
> Redwood Curtain
>
> Thanks in advance!