RE: [Videolib] Inkwell Images

McGuire, Dennis (dmcguire@colum.edu)
Mon, 16 May 2005 15:04:38 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C55A52.7E24D0FB

I have searched for the title I need and cannot find it elsewhere. The
title in question is Ko-ko Song Car-tunes. If anyone knows of another
source I'd greatly appreciate it.
=20

-------------------=20
Dennis McGuire=20
Head of Digital and Media Services=20
Columbia College Chicago Library
624 S. Michigan Ave.=20
Chicago, IL 60605=20
(v) 312.344.7434=20
(f) 312.344.8062=20

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Helen Mack
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 1:20 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Inkwell Images

I had a similar experience. I knew that I didn't need PPR either, but
the guy was insistent. He claimed that classroom use constituted a
public performace. I ended up getting what I wanted from International
Historic Films without having to get PPR. =20

http://www.ihffilm.com/index.html

I suggest that you search high and low to find what you want elsewhere.
Good luck!

McGuire, Dennis wrote:

Anyone familiar with this company?
=20
We're looking to purchase a title from them but they are asking for PPR
rights costs in contract form. I know I don't need them but am willing
to pay if the instructor that initiated the request really has to have
the title. What worries me about the company is that they've contacted
us with three different costs for the very same PPR contract.
=20
I'm interested in hearing others' experiences with this company.
=20
=20
=20

-------------------=20
Dennis McGuire=20
Head of Digital and Media Services=20
Columbia College Chicago Library
624 S. Michigan Ave.=20
Chicago, IL 60605=20
(v) 312.344.7434=20
(f) 312.344.8062=20

=20

--=20

Helen P. Mack, Acquisitions Librarian

Lehigh University, Fairchild Library

8A E. Packer Ave.

Bethlehem, PA 18015-3170 USA

Phone 610 758-3035 * Fax 610 758-5605

E-mail hpm0@lehigh.edu

------_=_NextPart_001_01C55A52.7E24D0FB

Message

I have = searched for=20 the title I need and cannot find it elsewhere.  The title in = question is =20 Ko-ko Song Car-tunes.  If anyone knows of another source I'd = greatly=20 appreciate it.

Dennis McGuire
Head of=20 Digital and Media Services
Columbia College Chicago Library
624 S. = Michigan=20 Ave.