RE: [Videolib] A strange question

Trent Nicholas (Tnicholas@vmfa.state.va.us)
Thu, 12 May 2005 09:20:46 -0400

Yes, not a strange question but exciting. The American Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, NYC, might also be a possibility. If Golden was making films in 1907, he may have made some in the New York area.

Trent Nicholas
Statewide Media Resources
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:24 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] A strange question

Hi all,
kind of a strange question. One of my coworkers came to me, said her
neighbor died, and that the deceased's father was a silent film director
of shorts (worked a lot with Pearl White before the Perils of Pauline
and Tom Mix at least according to IMBD) with the name of Joseph Golden.
They are going through her belongings and are wanting to know if there
is any kind of place that may be interested in the miscellaneous stuff
of this guy that the deceased had. They are looking for options. I do
not think there are any films in the material owned by the woman. I
thought I'd appeal to the list in that maybe you guys know of
non-profits that may be looking for silent film materials. I am just
gathering information for them. Thanks in advance for any help.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Assistant III
Library-Media Circulation