RE: [Videolib] AV equipment checkouts

Schmitt, Mike (schmittm@uwgb.edu)
Fri, 6 May 2005 15:24:38 -0500

We require a faculty/staff signature for the check out of a/v equipment.
We do not allow students to check out laptop computers for any reason.
The signature helps to insure that the equipment is being used for
university business. The students tend to be very understanding of the
policy.

Mike Schmitt
UW-Green Bay

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Brigid Duffy
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 1:46 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] AV equipment checkouts

I read with interest the posts about media checkouts to students by
academic librarians; would any care to share your institution's policies
on checking out audio visual equipment (vhs decks, dvd players,
televisions, video projectors, laptops) by students? We require faculty
signature for any equipment checkouts (anything leaving our office). Is
that usual with universities?

I know this is outside most librarian's responsibilities, but any
information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200