Re: [Videolib] Looking for: Video on High school peer pressure

John Sirabella (j.sirabella@nfb.ca)
Mon, 2 May 2005 12:57:09 -0400

Thank you, Robert, for mentioning our new documentary on girl bullying. We
sell the film in two versions---a educational VHS that breaks the film down
into modules with study guide questions for teachers and students and a DVD
version that has both the feature-length version and the educational version
on it. Both the DVD version and the educational VHS version sell for $195US
each here in the U.S. To preview the film in either DVD or VHS for possible
purchase in the U.S., call 800-542-2164.

Here are some reviews of IT'S A GIRL'S WORLD:

"This documentary is an excellent educational supplement for parents,
students, and teachers...It should be an addition for public and school
library collections as well as for Education and Sociology collections in
colleges and universities. Highly recommended!"

--Educational Media Reviews Online

"Exploring the issue of girls and bullying, this technically superior,
disturbing documentary...[offers] insight into group social dynamics...The
interviews with the bully and her grandmother ("it was just a fight") are
especially chilling. This recommended title is also available in a
six-module educational program."

--Booklist

If you have any questions about this film or its two version I mentioned
(sorry for the confusion), please call me at 212-629-8890.

Thanks,

John Sirabella

National Film Board of Canada

1123 Broadway, Suite 307