RE: [Videolib] off-air videotaping

Badilla-Melendez, Cindy (CBADILLAME@stthomas.edu)
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:10:53 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C54C0C.DA6E0B09

yes,
the law says after 25 days the off-air recording should be deleted, doesn't
matter if it from the library or a professor's copy. that is my
understanding. we don't put anything on course reserve that is tapped from
TV either.
my two cents
maybe there is something else i don't know
thanks
cindy

Cindy Badilla-Melendez
Media Resources Librarian
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library,
University of St. Thomas
phone (651) 962-5464
fax (651) 962-5406

-----Original Message-----
From: McGuire, Dennis [mailto:dmcguire@colum.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:10 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] off-air videotaping

I know that Section 108 of the copyright law places restrictions on
libraries uses of off-air recordings. Does this extend to faculty using
their own (not from the library's) off-air recordings in the classroom?

If this particular restriction does not apply, can someone point me toward
any section of the law that addresses the issue?

Thanks.

-------------------
Dennis McGuire
Head of Digital and Media Services
Columbia College Chicago Library
624 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
(v) 312.344.7434
(f) 312.344.8062

------_=_NextPart_001_01C54C0C.DA6E0B09

Message

yes,
the law = says after 25=20 days the off-air recording should be deleted, doesn't matter if it from = the=20 library or a professor's copy. that is my understanding. we don't put = anything=20 on course reserve that is tapped from TV either.
my two=20 cents
maybe there = is something=20 else i don't know
thanks
cindy

Cindy Badilla-Melendez
Media Resources Librarian =
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library, =
University of St.=20 Thomas           =            =20
phone (651) = 962-5464
fax (651) 962-5406