RE: [Videolib] video/DVD circulation policies

Jeff Pearson (jwpearso@umich.edu)
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:19:35 -0400

Our default loan period is three days, but we are very flexible with
extending faculty loans. No online renewals (outside of email requests), and
students do not have the renewal privileges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeffrey W. Pearson
Librarian, Askwith Film and Video Library
University of Michigan
Shapiro Library, Room 2178
919 S. University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1185

Phone: (734) 763-3758
Fax: (734) 764-7087
email: jwpearso@umich.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Joanna Duy
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:54 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] video/DVD circulation policies

Hi everyone-

I'm new to the list, and am hoping to make use of the vast expertise
lurking out there!

I'm wondering what people's loan periods are for videorecordings (in
tape or DVD format), in academic libraries. We have three day loans
here, for all primary users, but I'm considering a proposal to extending
that period for faculty. Does anyone else have longer loan periods for
faculty and/or graduate students? If so, how long? If there is a common
loan period, is it for longer than 3 days? Three days just seems
restrictive especially if someone is using the video for research
purposes. Also, do people allow online renewals? It's generally thought
that online renewals would disturb our booking system for faculty class
showings, but I'm interested to hear if others have implemented this
successfully.

Thanks for any feedback you may have-
Joanna

--