RE: [Videolib] video/DVD circulation policies

Badilla-Melendez, Cindy (CBADILLAME@stthomas.edu)
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:24:51 -0500

We have 1 week for faculty/staff with renew possibilities is no other
faculty or student needs it.
This is heavy used collection for faculty. there are several videos that are
used by different departments. we have III but do not use the booking module
because it doesn't do what we need. we created access databases and work
perfectly for us. faculty can renew over the phone or in person.

we have 2 days check out for students and No renewals. fines are very high
if there are not returned on time. The reason why we don't have renewal for
students is because we want all the students be able to use the videos and
not to be monopolized by one student renewing them. Lost fines are very high
too, due to videos could be very expensive.

thanks

Cindy Badilla-Melendez
Media Resources Librarian
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library,