Re: [Videolib] A question for pre-tenured Academic Media Librarians

Mark Richie (n2books@frontiernet.net)
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:25:41 -0500

Hi Monique:
Try the Visual Resources Association Mid-Atlantic Chapter

You can try AECT and FETC as well. Check out RFP sites for ALA chapters
in neighboring states and submit presentation proposals to them.
Frequently and neighboring state will be more interested in what you
have to say than your own. Also promoting the value of media
librarianship or being a media librarian at NMM or CCUMC is preaching to
the converted (so to speak). You can also go big and submit proposals
to University Administration type organizations for a presentation on
the importance of media library professionals in the digital age.
Contact me off list if you want some other ideas or strategies for
getting proposals accepted.

Regards - M. L. Richie