Re: [Videolib] formats: DVD vs VHS vs ??

Gail Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:36:32 -0500

We still collect both formats and probably will for some years to come. Some
programs, both educational and feature, are simply not available in DVD yet.
I still have many faculty who request VHS format because the classrooms in
which they teach do not have DVD players. Our updated classrooms (21st
Century Classrooms) have DVD capability, but at only a few classroom
conversions per year, it will be a decade or more before VHS players are
gone, if ever. Faculty also still use their own VHS (often illegal) programs
in class as well. We purchase DVD when available, but will purchase VHS if
that's the only format offered or if the requesting faculty member specifies
VHS.
Gail

Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources