RE: [Videolib] Family Films?

Blane Halliday (bhalliday@collier-lib.org)
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:18:21 -0400

Hi Cecilia!

A few titles immediately come to mind:

'Microcosmos' (1996, Claude Nuridsany & Marie Perennou)--due out on DVD in
May;
'The Bear' (1988, Jean-Jacques Annaud, rated PG);
'Pride' (BBC 2004, John Downer);
'Winged Migration' (2001, Jacques Perrin)

I hope that helps...

Blane

Blane Halliday
AV Acquisitions Librarian
Collier County Public Library
2385 Orange Blossom Drive
Naples, Florida 34109
239-593-3511, ext. 45
bhalliday@collier-lib.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Cecilia Hurt
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:10 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Family Films?

Hello, everyone!

I would like to call upon y'all's collective expertise. I have not seen
any questions about children's programming on the listserv before, so I
hope it is appropriate for me to post here.

My library's Children's Services department is looking for movies or
documentaries that meet the following criteria:

--G rating, but with an all ages appeal
--less than 100 minutes
--available to purchase on DVD
--dealing with the theme of animals or wilderness

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated!

Cecilia Hurt
Adult Services Librarian
Flower Mound Public Library
3030 Broadmoor Lane
Flower Mound, TX 75022
972.874.6159
cecilia.hurt@flower-mound.com
"The very existence of libraries affords the best evidence that we may
yet have hope for man."
--T.S. Eliot