Re: [Videolib] A question for pre-tenured Academic Media Librarians

Betty Gorsegner Ehlinger (bettyge@mchsi.com)
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:09:31 -0500

Monique and all,

The National Association of Media and Technology Centers (NAMTC) will hold
their 7th annual Leadership Summit September 26-28, 2005 in Las Vegas. The
program is set for this year, but NAMTC welcomes programming ideas and
presenters for 2006. NAMTC also provides special reports and white papers
from a variety of sources for its members. In the past, NAMTC has provided
funds for research in the field of media/technology services. NAMTC is a
membership organization, primarily of educational media and technology
professionals, but anyone who provides such services to multiple sites is
invited to join. (You do not have to be a member to attend the 2005
Summit.)

Full details, membership and registration info can be found on the NAMTC
website, www.NAMTC.org Back issues of our newsletter are also posted on
this website, as are some of the special reports commissioned by NAMTC.

The Leadership Summit:

The first of seven professional development sessions will feature Mind to
Monitor: A Crash Course on Video Production for ESA Marketing Purposes
presented by Dan Welsh, President of Spoken Arts. Michael Golden,
Pennsylvania Department of Education and Chair of the Federal and State
Policy Committee of the State Educational Technology Directors Association
(SETDA) will present the second session. His topic will be How States Are
Addressing Technology Issues. NAMTC is pleased to have the third
professional development session presented by one of our organizational
partners, CoSN. Elizabeth Weaver, Vice President of Marketing for the
Consortium for School Networking, will present Hot Technologies for K-12
Schools.

Some NAMTC corporate members have elected to present or demonstrate their
wide variety of products, programs and services in ten-minute blocks of
time. The following corporate partners will participate in the Corporate
Product Sessions: TVOntario, Ambrose Video Publishing, Clearvue/SVE,
eBioMEDIA, Agency for Instructional Technology, Spoken Arts, Films Media
Group, Schlessinger Media/Library Video Company, PBS, New Dimension Media,
Discovery Education and Cisco Systems. Corporate members who are
participating in the Product Sessions will also have literature tables
available during breakfasts and breaks. This will provide additional
networking time with our Summit attendees.

Joann Flick, AIT, and Gwen Gerber, eBioMEDIA, will present Licensing
Survivor: Stay in the Game! What you should know about licensing media
rights in a digital age. If you are a new media buyer or a veteran, this
session will point out the necessary tasks in selecting content and
negotiating licenses to circulate media in a digital world.

Ricki Chowning, OAISD/REMC 7, will moderate a panel on Statewide Digital
Initiatives. Here you will learn about the problems and solutions
encountered as we move toward statewide programming opportunities.

A Digital Recommended Practices Update, moderated by Tony Marshalek, North
East Ohio Instructional Media Center, will follow this panel. The various
committees will give reports in this 6th professional development session as
NAMTC continues with this project that was begun in 2003.

Various attendees will present the 7th and final session as they demonstrate
various technological products that make their daily work easier to
handle...Gadgets and Gizmos: Favorite Technologies.

Please let me know if you'd like additional information.

Betty Gorsegner Ehlinger
NAMTC Executive Director
319 654 0608
bettyge@mchsi.com