Re: [Videolib] A question for pre-tenured Academic Media Librarians

Oksana Dykyj (
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:08:54 -0400

I would recommend the Association of Moving Image Archivists

There is an annual conference (This year in Austin, TX in late November as
well as a journal, Tee Moving Image, and a quarterly newsletter. In terms
of Committees that may overlap with media librarianship, there is the
Education Committee, the Cataloguing Committee and the Academic-Archival
Interest Group.

We also have a scholarship-fellowship program and, since I was on the
selection committee for a number of year, several recipients where from
Library Schools.

At 11:23 AM 4/13/2005, you wrote:
>I have a question for all of you pre-tenured (or tenured) media academic
>librarians. I hope your response will help other media librarians in
>this position.
>Can you recommend other national conferences or venues where a media
>librarian may be able to promote media librarianship (as a presenter,
>moderator, or with a poster session) other than ALA, ACRL, CCUM, or the
>National Media Market. Have any of you had the opportunity to promote
>media librarianship at a conference outside of the U.S.? Have you had
>the opportunity to collaborate with faculty, and present a paper at a
>conference or for publication? If yes, would you be willing to share
>some of your topics/ideas.
>Your advice is helpful. I welcome the opportunity to collaborate with
>other pre-tenured media librarians.
>Feel free to contact me off-line if you are not comfortable posting to
>the entire list.
>Monique Threatt
>Media Librarian
>Herman B Wells Library
>Bloomington, IN 47408
>812 855-9857
>Videolib mailing list

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-2424 ext.3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3437
Faculty of Fine Arts
Concordia University
H-335, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec