RE: [Videolib] DVD damage

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:14:05 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Liene
Chaudhuri
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:47 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] DVD damage

Hi -

We are having a strange DVD problem in our library. DVDs are being returned
with circular "scratches" or grooves about 1/4 or 1/2 inch from the center.
They are perfect circles, not really scratches, and interfere with the
playing of the DVD. Has anyone seen damage like this? Is it possible for a
DVD player to damage a disc? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Liene

--
Liene Chaudhuri