Re: [Videolib] Disney, Song of the South - illegal copy?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:02:28 -0400

FYI I just tried to access the web site and it does not seem to exist now
Maybe Disney did find them.
Also I meant to post this before but it does appear that Disney is leaning
towards releasing this at last

Jessica

Hello everyone:

> I recently acquired a 'copy' of Song of the South. It is
> 'produced' via the website: www.songofthesouthdvds.com.
>
> It has come to my attention that this is most likely an illegal copy.
> Short of emailing the 'vendor' and asking him if he has the rights to copy
> this (which I will do), has anyone had this experience with an out of print
> title? My media supervisor won't let me circulate this copy, as she is
> concerned about legalities and Disney coming after us, etc.
>
> My thought is, how has Disney NOT found this guy?
>
> Any experience with this DVD or a similar situation would be appreciated.
> Including any recommendations regarding circulating a copy.
>
> Otherwise, I just learned a $20 lesson in what NOT to buy. Thanks.
>
> lorraine wochna
> Ohio University
> alden reference
> 740 597 1238