RE: [Videolib] lending video and film

Sarah Johnson (SarahJohnson@polk.edu)
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:33:25 -0400

Our college has not adopted TEACH act. We would not do it on a large scale, but others here are interested, especially for distance learning.
Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Brewer, Michael
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:08 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] lending video and film

Why are you having to worry about licensing? Streaming into the classroom is covered by the TEACH act (in my opinion, and in the opinion of nearly all others I have read). We are looking into this technology, but I doubt we will move on it in the near future (on a large scale), though our library dean is interested in the idea.

mb

Michael Brewer
University of Arizona Library A210
1510 E. University