RE: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social

Mike Tribby (mike.tribby@quality-books.com)
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:06:07 -0500

And I take it you were able to enjoy these films even without the miracle of
surround sound?

Sounds good to me. Put me in the quiet room at the end of the hall in the
Old Catalogers wing of the retired film and video librarians home...

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

-----Original Message-----
From: LeeAnne Krause [mailto:LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:43 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social
Security? Yes Yes Yes, etc.

we still have a fine collection of 16mm films in very good shape and a
relatively new projector that isn't that loud. And YES, the viewing
experience is worth the hassle of threading the film. A couple of years ago
I had the unforgetable experience of sifting through 6000 old films that had
been removed from circulation before we got our computer system. They
needed to be identified, inspected and cataloged. It might sound hideous to
some, but it was so fascinating! llk

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
Educational Films Collection
University of South Carolina