Re: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their

LeeAnne Krause (LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu)
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:42:52 -0400

we still have a fine collection of 16mm films in very good shape and a
relatively new projector that isn't that loud. And YES, the viewing
experience is worth the hassle of threading the film. A couple of years
ago I had the unforgetable experience of sifting through 6000 old films
that had been removed from circulation before we got our computer
system. They needed to be identified, inspected and cataloged. It
might sound hideous to some, but it was so fascinating!
llk

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
Educational Films Collection
University of South Carolina
803-777-0322

See our new searchable database at www.sc.edu/library/edfilmdb/

>>> LFlanzra@qc1.qc.edu 4/7/2005 1:31:48 PM >>>
Date sent: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:18:28 -0400
From: smr@nvr.org
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers
Collecting Their Social
Security? Yes Yes Yes, etc.
Send reply to: videolib@library.berkeley.edu

But the real question for us old-media-timers is whether we'll show the
films in
video or 16mm. Anybody remember how to thread a projector?
Sally Mason Robinson

Although I am a relic from the days of cinema-yore, whom would ever
want to listen
to the clackety clack of the 16 mm projector--the holes in the
screens--all those
annoying hindrances to perfect viewing.

Come to think of it, was the image/ aspect ratio really that good
anyway?

Still, film is a philosophy, a way of seeing. Being an aging baby
boomer hippie now,

I basically eschew how we view digitized formats--how we THINK about
them.