RE: [Videolib] National Media Market Update....

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:37:04 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C53B76.E2956B30

Psssssttttt.....(Whispering) Ursula....next time you post, how bout
mentioning the National Media Market blog at
http://nationalmediamarket.blogspot.com\

Mark

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Ursula
Schwarz
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:57 AM
To: Video Library Listserv
Subject: [Videolib] National Media Market Update....

Before Gary Handman and Sally Mason move to their rocking chairs, they
will be participating in a panel discussion on collection development on
Friday, September 30th at the National Media Market. www.nmm.net
<http://www.nmm.net> Don't miss this chance to learn from the experts!

Attending the National Media Market is an excellent opportunity for
getting to know and trust the company representatives you are buying
from. Networking with and learning from your peers, and actually having
time to screen without being distracted is why media librarians keep
coming back:

"The National Media Market is the one time each year that I devote time
to previewing prospective videos and DVDs for our collection. The Market
provides me with 20+ hours of solid review time and showcases films that
I don't ordinarily have the time to review or even hear about, much less
purchase. I estimate that if I had to set aside time here at my job to
review videos for 20+ hours, it would take me 3-5 months to finally
achieve what I accomplish in 4 days at the National Media Market. In
addition to being a buyers' market, the Market also provides lectures
and workshops specifically about film and video."

--Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City County Library
Tulsa, Oklahoma

"As an attendee of 20+ years, the National Media Market is the most
valuable tool I have for collection development of our educational media
library, and is the only national meeting that is useful to me. The
personal relationships, trust and friendships developed with the
companies and their representatives is invaluable, and the discounts I
receive are greater than the cost of the trip. I highly recommend this
resource and would hate to have to do without it."

--Billy Windes
Mid-Continent Public Library
Independence, Missouri

Registering for the 2005 NMM has never been easier!
Convenient on-line registration is now available via our website:
www.nmm.net <http://www.nmm.net>

--

Ursula Schwarz National Media Market P.O. Box 87410 Tucson, AZ 85754-7410 520.743.7735 Fax: 520.743.7643 uschwarz@earthlink.net

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C53B76.E2956B30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> Message

Psssssttttt.....(Whispering) Ursula....next time = you post,=20 how bout mentioning the National Media Market blog at http://nationalmediamar= ket.blogspot.com\

Mark