Re: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social

Thomas Ipri (ipri@lasalle.edu)
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:07:02 -0400

--=_alternative 00585FFC85256FDC_=

16 who? Thread a what?

Tom (with 10,000+ days until retirement...at which time the nursing home
will be downloading movies directly into my brain (which I won't allow to
circulate via ILL)).

______________________
Thomas A. Ipri, MS
Media Services Librarian
Connelly Library
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215-951-1965
ipri@lasalle.edu
http://www.lasalle.edu/library

smr@nvr.org
Sent by: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
04/07/2005 10:18 AM
Please respond to
videolib@library.berkeley.edu

videolib@library.berkeley.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social Security?
Yes Yes Yes, etc.

But the real question for us old-media-timers is whether we'll show the
films in
video or 16mm. Anybody remember how to thread a projector?
Sally Mason Robinson

Quoting deg farrelly <deg.farrelly@asu.edu>:

> All this talk of retirement leads to me suggest a retirement community
for
> media pros.
>
> We can sit in our rockers and watch films all day and all night.
>
> (Arguing over whether the copies we are showing were legally made and/or
> require PPR!)
>

> --
> deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
> Arizona State University at the West Campus
> PO Box 37100
> Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
> Phone: 602.543.8522
> Email: deg.farrelly@asu.edu
>

> From: Lisa Flanzraich <LFlanzra@Qc1.Qc.Edu>
> Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:12:11 -0500
> To: "videolib@library.berkeley.edu" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social
> Security? Yes Yes Yes, etc.
>
> >We have phased retirement by contract here at USF which I plan to do.
> Anyone
> >else have phased retirement at their institutions?
> >
> >Jerry
> >
> Curious as to what this is?
> Also, how about the other major outcry of us old timers who are film
snobs
> and cinema from the old days???
> Most people do not understand the differences between film, the art of
film,
> etc. and
> digital formats--nor do they care.
> Ah me,
> Retirement here I come.

--=_alternative 00585FFC85256FDC_=

which time the nursing home will be downloading movies directly into my
brain (which I won't allow to circulate via ILL)).</font>
Thomas A. Ipri, MS<br>
Media Services Librarian<br>
Connelly Library<br>
1900 West Olney Avenue<br>
Philadelphia, PA 19141<br>
215-951-1965<br>
ipri@lasalle.edu<br>
http://www.lasalle.edu/library<br>
Collecting Their Social &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Security? Yes
Yes Yes, etc.</font></table>
we'll show the films in<br>
video or 16mm. Anybody remember how to thread a projector?<br>
Sally Mason Robinson<br>
Quoting deg farrelly &lt;deg.farrelly@asu.edu&gt;:<br>
&gt; All this talk of retirement leads to me suggest a retirement community
for<br>
&gt; media pros.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; We can sit in our rockers and watch films all day and all night.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; (Arguing over whether the copies we are showing were legally made
and/or<br>
&gt; require PPR!)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; deg farrelly, Associate Librarian<br>
&gt; Arizona State University at the West Campus<br>
&gt; PO Box 37100 <br>
&gt; Phoenix, Arizona &nbsp;85069-7100<br>
&gt; Phone: &nbsp;602.543.8522<br>
&gt; Email: &nbsp;deg.farrelly@asu.edu<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; From: Lisa Flanzraich &lt;LFlanzra@Qc1.Qc.Edu&gt;<br>
&gt; Organization: Queens College, CUNY<br>
&gt; Reply-To: &quot;videolib@library.berkeley.edu&quot; &lt;videolib@library.berkeley.edu&gt;<br>
&gt; Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:12:11 -0500<br>
&gt; To: &quot;videolib@library.berkeley.edu&quot; &lt;videolib@library.berkeley.edu&gt;<br>
&gt; Subject: [Videolib] Grey Bearded Baby Boomers Collecting Their Social<br>
&gt; Security? Yes Yes Yes, etc.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt;We have phased retirement by contract here at USF which I plan
to do.<br>
&gt; Anyone<br>
&gt; &gt;else have phased retirement at their institutions?<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;Jerry<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; Curious as to what this is?<br>
&gt; Also, how about the other major outcry of us old timers who are film
snobs<br>
&gt; and cinema from the old days???<br>
&gt; Most people do not understand the differences between film, the art
of film,<br>
&gt; etc. and<br>
&gt; digital formats--nor do they care.<br>
&gt; Ah me,<br>
&gt; Retirement here I come.<br>
&gt; &nbsp;<br>
&gt; <br>