Re: [Videolib] Wired for Retirement / Video Librarian Mentoring

Jen Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:13:09 -0700

I *definitely* would be interested in being mentored. I
think there is a lot of the "business" side of videos and
movies that I just don't understand when I'm trying to
locate videos. I would like to stay a media librarian (my
position did not include these duties originally, I think,
but I was interested and I got it) but I don't know that
there are that many opportunities out there...
-jen

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:41:25 -0400
Meghann Matwichuk <mtwchk@udel.edu> wrote:
> I think this is a great idea -- especially since it
>isn't often that a Media Department has two librarians!
> Out of curiosity, I am wondering if I could get a
>head-count on who out there might be interested taking
>part in a media-related mentoring program (new video
>librarians and 'seasoned' ones). I will send out a
>similar email to members of the NMRT (New Member's Round
>Table) listserv and see what kind of response I get. As
>Membership Chair for the VRT, perhaps I could organize
>something if there is enough interest.
>
> Best,
>
> ******************************
> Meghann R. Matwichuk
> Instructional Media Department
> Morris Library
> University of Delaware
> 181 S. College Ave.
> Newark, DE 19717
> (302) 831-1475
>
> smr@nvr.org wrote:
>
>>Actually, I am "jumping ship into retirement" in a "scant
>>few weeks;" but then I
>>came of professional age in the 1960s (arrgghhh!)
>>Naturally legacies have been
>>on my mind, and I think we need a mentoring program. If
>>each of us would try to
>>identify, nurture and mentor one younger media person we
>>could at least "keep
>>the flame alive."
>>Sally Mason Robinson

"A new library makes you feel like a million bucks."
-MICHAEL WINERIP, New York Times, Feb. 23, 2005
Jen Stutesman
Instructional, Media and Technical Services Librarian
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla, WA