Re: [Videolib] Wired for Retirement

Jerry Notaro (notaro@stpt.usf.edu)
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:09:28 -0500

There was a story on last night news here in Florida about a county official
who wants the library to stop buying DVD's and buy more books. She is a
former teacher. I guess Media Librarians are next to be blamed for low
reading scores. One astute teenager told the reporter that media was the
only reason many teens are ever in a library to begin with and some may pick
up a book along with their media, something they may have never done if it
weren't for the DVD's.

Jerry