Re: [Videolib] Wired article

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:01:58 -0700

--=====================_4029046==.ALT

Thanks, Thomas. Interesting stuff...

One wonders what the short- or long-term tolerance is for ceaseless change
in the consumer electronics market. How willing are the masses to
summarily jettison those millions and millions of DVD players scant years
after purchase. These changes aren't necessarily spurred by productive
technological evolution; they generally represent little more than
capitalist cupidity.

Gary

I'm hoping that the NEXT BIG THING happens just about the time I retire...

At 10:29 AM 4/5/2005 -0400, Thomas Ipri wrote:

>In case you haven't already seen it, Wired has an interesting and brief
>article about the death of DVD:
>http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.04/start.html?pg=2
>
>Probably not too early to start thinking about how this will affect
>libraries (though I suspect many have already been thinking about this for
>a while). Or start looking for new jobs?
>
>Tom
>
>______________________
>Thomas A. Ipri, MS
>Media Services Librarian