Re: [Videolib] Interfiling in public academic library

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:54:48 +0200

I would like to support Deg's view. We had a great deal of discussion 10
years ago when we started with videos in our library. Our 30.000 item
video collection is open access and is shelved seperately (fiction and
non-fiction); children and young adult videos are offered in the
respective departments, but shelved seperately too. They are checked out
at counters where all sorts of media are handled.

Most important for seperate shelving: people want it. When all media are
interfiled videos and DVD (small items!) will disapear within much
bigger open access book collections. To my experience interfiling is
often prefered by colleagues that are not so crazy about videos.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html