RE: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Sarah Johnson (SarahJohnson@polk.edu)
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:20:25 -0500

We have student and OPS workers run these videos. When there is a
backlog, the copy-cataloger puts them on to play while doing other
things. We also do this for cataloging purposes.

Sarah Johnson
Polk Community College Library

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 12:09 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Hello all,
just a quick question for this happy Friday: Who in your library
previews your videos (meaning quaily control after you have purchased,
not evailuate for possible purchase)? Here it has been tradionally done
by our Media Circulation department, but our dean just informed my boss
that he does not want us previewing materials any more. I, in the hope
of providing a convincing argument against this new policy, would like
to get a handle on how other libraries do what I think is a necessary
part of our job
thanks
jhs.

John H. Streepy