RE: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Pamela Sue Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:54:36 -0700

Laramie, WY 82071
(307)766-3184

-----Original Message-----
From: John Streepy [mailto:John.Streepy@cwu.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 10:09 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Hello all,
just a quick question for this happy Friday: Who in your library
previews your videos (meaning quaily control after you have purchased,
not evailuate for possible purchase)? Here it has been tradionally done
by our Media Circulation department, but our dean just informed my boss
that he does not want us previewing materials any more. I, in the hope
of providing a convincing argument against this new policy, would like
to get a handle on how other libraries do what I think is a necessary
part of our job
thanks
jhs.

John H. Streepy