Re: [Videolib] Previewing videos

Sally Wellman (swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us)
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:41:19 -0600

--=======AVGMAIL-424D95D14993=======

--=====================_-2118569031==.ALT

We watch all newly acquired videos for about the first 5-10 minutes. We
find that most defects show up in these first few minutes. Generally, a
student worker here in AV checks them, or other full time AV staff will
pitch in as time permits.

We find lots of defective material that way and are able to quickly get
replacement copies before the items get cataloged and put on the
shelf. This is a necessary job and we've been doing it for years and will
continue to do so.

Sally S. Wellman
Assistant Coordinator, Special Services
& Manager, Audiovisual Resource Center
State Library of Louisiana
Attend the National Media Market in Las Vegas
Sept. 28 - Oct. 2, 2005
http://www.nmm.net