RE: [Videolib] Recommended Directories / Film Studies

Blaine Waterman (bwaterman@sfpl.org)
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:45:38 -0800

A new edition (updated 4th) of David Thomson's BIOGRAPHICAL DICTIONARY
OF FILM came out last year.

Blaine Waterman
AV Center Librarian
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)557-4461
bwaterman@sfpl.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Meghann
Matwichuk
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:48 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Recommended Directories / Film Studies
ReferenceMaterials?

Hello All,

I'm working on updating some of our print reference material last tended

to in the early 90s, and I've selected the directories as needing the
most immediate attention. I'm noticing that a number of our older
directories have ceased publication, so I wanted to check with the
collective brain for any recommendations on updated directories (film
actors, directors, cinematographers, etc.) and/or any other stellar film

studies reference sources recently published before I head off to
consult Directories In Print and Choice.

Thanks in advance,

Meghann R. Matwichuk
Instructional Media Department
Morris Library