RE: [Videolib] A good copyright-related handbook for public

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:18:49 -0700

Carrie Russell's Complete Copyright is pretty good. Very simple, yet
quite comprehensive.

mb

Michael Brewer
University of Arizona Library A210
1510 E. University
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ 85721
Voice: 520.307.2771
Fax: 520.621.9733
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
clarkjc@jmu.edu
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 2:56 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] A good copyright-related handbook for public
libraries?

Folks,

An interesting question.

I'm participating in an online course on distance ed
librarianship. One of the students working at a public
library wants to know if there's a good, "one stop" handbook
or other resource for copyright guidance in general (not just
media) tailored to that environment.

I'm drawing a blank. If this is an area with a good resource,
I just ain't explored it yet being an academic. Is there,
say, a good ALA-published book that's recent enough? (I'm
doing some looking, but haven't had time as I ask this
question.)

Any ideas?

Jeff

Jeff Clark