RE: [Videolib] video replacement policies

Elizabeth Stanley (Elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:03:12 -0500

John,

Keep in mind that Bullfrog Films has a Video and DVD Replacement
Warranty: we will replace any lost, damaged or stolen Bullfrog Films
video or DVD for $25.00 as long as we offer the program for sale.
Please notify us of the circumstances.

Elizabeth Stanley
Bullfrog Films
www.bullfrogfilms.com

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of John C.
DeSantis
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 6:45 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] video replacement policies

The Jones Media Center in the Dartmouth College Library is developing a
policy for replacing videos (VHS and DVD) and wondering if other
libraries/media centers have experience with this. We have some DVDs
that have circulated more than 200 times, for example, and almost 100
that have been checked out at least 100 times. We're wondering if other
media centers have any policies or rules of thumb about replacing videos
automatically if they have circulated "x" number of times or whether
they only replace them when they are damaged or missing. Any information
that you might have learned from video stores on this topic would also
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John DeSantis
Dartmouth College