RE: [Videolib] NYT Article: Is a Cinema Studies Degree the New

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:02:07 -0500

Thanks, Meghann!

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Meghann R
Matwichuk
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 5:05 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] NYT Article: Is a Cinema Studies Degree the New
M.B.A.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/movies/06vann.html?ex=1267851600&en=79
ead601e4f5b668&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Favorite idea from this article -- and one of many reasons why I studied

film:

"People endowed with social power and prestige are able to use film and
media images to reinforce their power - we need to look to film to grant

power to those who are marginalized or currently not represented," said
Mr. Herbst, who envisions a future in the public policy arena."

Best,